Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thinking About Writing- 5/18/08

The creation of a story, short or long, is an amazing feat to me. Now, speaking for myself, its hard enough just to think back and put into words the actions I have done from one day to another. I blame it on not being more adventurous, but I think there is another problem that not only I suffer from, but that afflicts others as well. This is of course a very cliche answer but I think that its being so unaware of what goes on around us. Also, only focusing on certain things during our day. When I sit down for dinner, whether by myself or others, not one time does the taste or smell of the meal really cross my mind. Although, unless it is an exceptionally well made meal or a piece of garbage you could smell from down the street and ignored your better judgement which could have avoided you puking later that night well...you get my point. I do not think its important for everyone to be able to write a detailed description of their everyday life; even though I believe writing down how you feel can be theraputic on a personal level, it’s a great feeling to me and something I believe others would agree on, is that our lives aren’t just our favorite song on loop that we grow to hate after hearing it the fifth time in a row. Well, at least that’s not what I signed up for after the doctor cut me off the cord. Focus. Feel. Remember. These are things that have seemingly grown harder for me over the past few years. It’s a shame when you can not learn or realize when these things are lost or misplaced from one’s self. I grow expectant when I can claim to have grown to the heights I wish for all to be able to reach.

No comments: