Sunday, April 17, 2011

Letting the TV watch YOU...

Ok, I have decided to significantly cut down on my TV viewing for awhile. I have come to the conclusion that TV is a subconscious messenger that whispers sweetly, "Watch what I can do...", over and over again like the sweet, innocent child you can simply not deny. Well, TV ain't no baby!!! It allows no glimpse into our souls or those of others when it shows us "The Real World". I, for example, never really go out unless its to hang out and go to a friends house and end up watching tv, going for a drink where there are more TVs, and its like the default setting with your friends even there with you that once the conversation slacks off, just stare at the tube. Even when you don't give a good goddamn about whats on the screen. Sadly, my imagination and motivation to go outside has become almost imperceptible. So, I've diagnosed myself and know what the best treatment is for this ailment. I know, being a student currently allows for me to get out when others can't decide to explore new things with their 9-5 or other particular work shifts. The ability to accomplish this task for anyone holds its own separate obstacles, but I don't care to watch life go by, I want to live mine. I think that the popular idea of finding contentment is seen it takes days, months, years etc. to find a moment of simple joy, but nothing is infallible in this world, experience is a great teacher, and I'm ready to do some learning.

No comments: