Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Almost Always Never Play Games on My Phone

Well, I just got on my sister's family plan with Verizon. It's cool that considering we have not been very "together" in the past few years that we are getting very close now, both in our relationships and proximity. And, there's another on the way, he/she will have the sex determined next month, and the coming out party is in September!!!!! I'm starting "The City & The City" today. It's a book by China Mieville who's my steampunk connect now since I read "Perdido Street Station" and got my mind blown!!!! I know its an old expression but doesn't fail to bring about the image of how my imagination felt as I read this awesome author's words. Back to the original topic though, I got the lovely Droid Pro as my new Verizon phone!!!! This isn't my first stint with the V-Network, I had them awhile back and was just annoyed and frustrated by fluctuating cellphone bills. And, I wanted an IPhone...whatevers. ANYWAYS, I said I wouldn't get caught up with any games on my new smartphone and have almost immediately failed on the initial attempt. I've had the phone since Monday and played World Series of Poker daily for a good couple of hours. Fortunately, the Easter break helped cover my ass from any significant scholastic boo-boos, but I saw where this would be an issue if continued for any longer than a week. Even those few days were precious and I could have started my new Mieville novel then and been well into it, but it is what it is now. I have three weeks left of classes. I just need to coast and get the grades I need to feel at ease come summer. Unfortunately, it means memorizing minute parts of the brain, spinal cord, eye and other pretty rough shit. Thankfully, I know once this semester is a wrap, I'm stepping onto another new path, but my heart and head are in agreement for what is to come. I'm going to use all advice, both spoken and written, tricks, dealings, and whatever else it takes to get to my end goal: Contentment. I don't believe this to be an emotion or feeling, it's a lifestyle. Well, that's what I'm calling it. That's all I need.

No comments: