Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Interviews-12/26/07

I’m no expert when it comes to dating since I feel that I’ve never been on a whole one, but have been subjected to some of the smaller aspects or trials that come with the territory. For example, one main theme for a guy who hopes to catch the attention of a particular girl that they may fancy very much is the persistence aspect/trial. I remember for about EIGHT straight weekends trying to know this girl Katie. She was a nice girl who went to the same club my friends and I went to on the weekends. The first time I received the cold shoulder which was to be expected since I was pretty inebriated and more than likely just slurred out a quick line and probably thought it was the smoothest shit a mortal man could speak but was probably worse than a Donald Duck rant. The 2nd week I got a name and the 3rd week, I got a wrong phone number. Weeks 4 through 6 were spent just hanging out and trying to play cool while still showing interest by asking her to dance and hoping she would either come out to the floor or at least smile when I received my usual decline. By week 7 though, I had finally been on the dance floor for what seemed hours dancing/moshing with my buddy James when I had to get outside and cool off. Since it was the summer, I took off my shirt and happened to see her sitting by herself and made some nice conversation. By now, I had tossed the idea of dating this girl down with that Crazy Long-Haired girl from the Ring and spoke to her like I had won a million bucks and no one else in the world knew but me. She laughed at my couple of jokes and I got up with her number and on a quick looky loo back she was even watching me go inside. Week 8 was GLORIOUS. We danced, laughed, kissed, all the things that make a man feel like a man. I proceeded to meet up with her on various occasions till the news was broken to me that she didn’t really enjoy my company at all but saw where I just liked to act crazy and that was what she enjoyed to do too. I felt like that guy who goes on the interview who got on so pleasantly with the interviewer that I thought I SO had the job only to not even get a call back. Next time, I’ll just apply online.

No comments: